Lonnie DeSorcy is a long-time practitioner and teacher of yoga who specializes in wholistically assisting individuals who are experiencing difficulties return to a state of balance through therapeutic application of the tools of yoga. Her special interests include using yoga for self-care, mood management, chronic pain, and personal / spiritual development.
- Certified Senior Yoga Teacher (800 hr+) – Yoga Association of Alberta (YAA) (qualified to teach teachers)
- Certified Yoga Therapist – Mount Royal University
- LifeForce Yoga Practitioner, Level II – LifeForce Yoga(R) Healing Institute
- Certified Spiritual Director – FCJ Centre
- Certified Yoga Thrive(R) for Cancer teacher
Other trainings of note:
- 75 hours with Maria Mendola, RN and trainer in Several IAYT-accredited yoga therapy programs: Advanced Assessment and Treatment Plans in Yoga Therapy
- five days yoga for chronic pain with Neil Pearson
- Level II Critical Alignment Therapy (CAT) with Gert Van Leeuwen
- several years of Iyengar asana and pranayama
- restorative yoga with Judith Hansen Lasater and teachers of Kabir Baug as well as Dean Ornish Program, specializing in yoga for back and heart problems
- certified Yoga4Kids teacher
- years of training and experience in vipassana (insight and mindfulness) meditation, including three 5-day and three 9-day silent retreats.
- training in other forms of meditation in the yoga tradition, including two week-long retreats with Richard Miller, founder of Integrative Restoration and International Association of Yoga Therapists.